We lend a hand to researchers and university scholars interested in getting data analysis right.
In recent decades, statistical science has advanced tremendously, thanks to digitalisation and wide access to powerful computers. Statistics has particularly advanced in the most fragile, but also the most popular areas of research – analysing data obtained outside of completely randomised experiments, so called observational data, e.g., survey data, partly- and non-randomised experiments, administrative and internet data. Researchers and university scholars outside the statistical-methodological field often deal with empirical studies that require in-depth statistics knowledge – knowledge beyond basic descriptive statistics, ANOVA or classical experimental tests.
Areas of our work
SOLUTION-SEEK STATISTICAL ASSISTANCE
Advising you on sound statistical data analysis
Whether you have more questions than answers about data analysis, the use of statistical methods, reliability and validity of a study and its results, or you would like to discuss some other problems arising from the process of producing data analysis and deriving conclusions, we look forward to helping you.
We provide data analysis in different scientific fields – from causal effect studies with experimental, survey and administrative data, to conditional association studies, quasi-experiments, impact evaluations, survey analysis and quantitative policy/program evaluations.
STUDY DESIGN ASSISTANCE
“To consult the statistician after an experiment is finished is often merely to ask him to conduct a post mortem examination. He can perhaps say what the experiment died of.” – Sir Ronald Fisher
We help you to design your empirical study. If your study has already been designed, then the study design assistance provides you a hand in the process of reviewing your study design (before proceeding with data collection). Our assistance is provided in the following ways:
- Assistance in the formulation of research questions – a very important first step of research because only clearly and precisely formulated research questions enable development of an efficient study design and an appropriate data-collection methodology
- Development of a study design whether experimental, quasi-experimental or survey
- Development of sampling methodology, inclusive of data-collection methodology
- A list of required data analyses and statistical methodologies to be used in order to answer research questions
TRAINING AND LEARNING
Offering courses and workshops on different data analysis topics
Whether you aim to develop statistical thinking skills or learn more about causal effect studies, impact evaluations, and how to deal with missing data, please visit our courses & workshops section for more information on how you can enhance your statistical-methodological skills.
How we work
We offer statistical assistance on a per hour or per project basis, and as a package. The package is designed for projects where we already help with the research proposal and then stay with you all the way through the project.
To support the world of science, Tarastats offers 30% reduced rates for the following groups:
- Researchers & Scholars with projects for which it is difficult to obtain funding, e.g., marginal research topics
- Researchers & Scholars from low and middle-income countries
For more information, please get in touch.